as of now / Full-time / Automation
As a wholly owned subsidiary of LEWA Attendorn GmbH based in Attendorn, Germany, the LEWA Automation USA, LLC is represented locally in the North American market. The sales and service company is a direct contact to support the sale and quoting process with our customers, provide build and integration options, and provide installation support and ongoing robot and plc support locally.
- Work with the sales team and customer to develop an understanding of their business and operational needs.
- Evaluate technical content of potential projects and develop tooling/system concepts for processing of customer assemblies.
- Determine feasibility of customer applications (welding or other) and complete application engineering tasks in a timely manner.
- Deliver an overall system design and concept to meet the business objectives, profitability, schedule, and design intent for the proposal.
- Accurately estimate material and labor costs required to produce the proposed equipment in a profitable manner.
- Estimate process, machinery, and operator load/unload cycle times.
- Provide sales support and oversee the design and application process for project proposals.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with customer development, sales, engineering, operations, vendor, and safety teams to ensure a high-level of detail and thoroughness are achieved in every proposal.
- Complete the written proposal for presentation to the customer
- When necessary, travel to the customer’s site to assist in project or product development, working with engineering design specifications, objectives and standards.
- · BS or Associates degree in Engineering (or equivalent).
- · 5 years’ experience in the automotive line building industry and background with custom assembly equipment manufacturer
- · Experience in quoting, sales, and/or customer interaction
- -Required skills-
- · Process experience with robotic welding (arc, laser, resistance) and/or material handling applications.
- · Knowledge of 3D CAD software and Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook).
- · Demonstrated skills with technical writing, communication, and customer relations.
- · Self-motivated, able to act independently to set and manage priorities.
- · Adaptability in handling changing work priorities and customer requirements.
- · Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- · Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong math skills and the ability to handle both simple tasks and complex assignments.
- · Familiarity with Electrical & Pneumatic controls design
- · Ability to read and understand electrical and mechanical design drawings
- · Ability to utilize extensive industrial knowledge and effectively working with project teams and customers to design and estimate complete systems
- · Ability to identify and quantify cost factors, such as time, materials, expenses, tooling, etc.
- · Ability to travel up to 20% with some international travel required.
- · Must have valid driver’s license.
- -Preferred skills-
- • Fanuc, Kuka, ABB, or Yaskawa robot training
- • Basic knowledge of PLCs
- •RIA risk assessment training
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check
Vice President at LEWA Automation USA